Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Three Years Later...

OK, OK. My last post was July 5, 2010. And even it was an apology for not posting since February 2010. Seeing as it's now March 2013, I feel that I should introduce myself to you again. Hello. My name is Dawson. I am not a faithful blogger. I really don't even know why I'm writing this now. Is there anyone that will even read it? I don't even remember how to get to my blog. Oh well. It will probably be another three years until my next post.

Enough of that. I did want to share some details of my latest hobby: grilling! I purchased a Big Green Egg back in July of last year after dreaming of one for 15 years. Back when I was in 10th grade, we went to visit my uncle Roger in Oklahoma. I don't even remember what he cooked, but I remember that he grilled it on the Big Green Egg. It was the best grilled food I had ever had. I made up my mind that one day, I would own a Big Green Egg. During college, I would go to the BGE dealers and window shop them. I remember they would run promotion videos that should them cutting into a smoked turkey and the juices would just gush out.

Fast forward to 2012. Now that I finally own one, I try to grill at least once, if not multiple times, during the week. I love following recipes and have come to enjoy the process of cooking almost more than eating! I haven't really come up with much of my own; I'm still cooking through my wish list of recipes! One thing I really enjoy doing is cataloguing my cooks so that I can remember them. I do this using Evernote Food. If you are not an Evernote user, go check it out: www.evernote.com. I love spreading the word about that great - not to mention free - service. But I digress.

So I'll try to keep you updated with my grilling endeavors - as well as other things going on. It may only be one or two posts and then another hiatus but I'll try!

Here is a picture of tonight's dinner: Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burgers. They were delicious!


1 comment:

  1. That's SOOOO interesting. and SOOOO yummy. Goodnight.

    ReplyDelete